- Get up & start the coffee.
- While coffee is brewing, go to the barn and turn the chickens loose.
- Notice a skunk nosing around the woodshed.
- Shoot the bastard.
- Pour coffee.
- Go to work.
Be Awesome: Hit My Tip Jar
- Man In The High Castle A book by Philip K. Dick.
- Stihl Digital Moisture Meter Fun gadget for firewood awesomeness.
- TecSun PL880 Arguably the nicest little shortwave radio out there.
Free Ice Cream Schedule
Just left it there by the woodshed?
After the noise and the smell, what was the coffee for?
Now that sounds like a start of a fun day.
I thought shooting skunks and taking care of the chooks WAS your work?
Not bad work if you can get it (IMHO).
I’m trying to imagine going to work wearing the aromas of coffee, gunpowder, and skunk. They might give me the rest of the day off. You still have that skunk?
The trick is to shoot the skunks from a distance, folks. With luck, by the time you get home the buzzards (or other scavengers) have mostly taken care of it. If the scavengers become a problem, you have to shoot them too, but that’s part of the game if you’re fortunate or smart enough to live outside city limits. I’ve lost count of how many raccoons I’ve had to shoot; they like chicken almost as much as I do, & they don’t wait around for it to be fried.