…but it was only me.
I was cold so I turned up the furnace. Something that never happens… Never ever ever.
The firmament of the universe tilted slightly at the news of this unprecedented event.
Don’t be alarmed. It was only temporary.
The thermostat is now set back to 55 degrees where it belongs.
Some folks seem to think 55 degrees is a bit low. Harrumph!
I can (and have) dispensed with the furnace altogether in the past. It started out because I was cheap and broke. It continued when it became a personal challenge and a thumb in the eye of all societal pressure to the contrary. (It was also the series of posts that grew my blog’s hit-counter from absolutely embarrassing to merely pathetic and started me on the tragic path of multi-part posts.)
Links are below:
- The Furnace Chronicles Part I: The Call
- The Furnace Chronicles Part II: Preparedness Is Unrewarded
- The Furnace Chronicles Part III: I Decide To Experiment
- The Furnace Chronicles Part IV: Economics Thoreau Style
- The Furnace Chronicles Part V: To Have My Cake And Flush It Too
- The Furnace Chronicles Part VI: Ant Kicks Grasshopper’s Ass
- The Furnace Chronicles Part VII: Eating Your Vegetables Is Good For You